Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Starcraft 2 combining regions


Blizzard is planning on combining some of Starcraft 2′s region-specific servers. It’ll result in an improved player experience no matter where you’re playing from. Personally I'm gonna hate the BR's if i have to play with them. Who really wants to hear "HUE HUE HUE Jajajajajajaja, give me money or I report you?"

The wider audience will result in less waiting time for ranked games and more accurate matchmaking, no matter what league you’re in. If you’re a chatty player you could potentially make a bunch of new friends too.

Region management appears to be a contentious issue for e-sports developers. Blizzard combine, but League of Legend’s Riot Games separate.

1 comment:

  1. "give me money or I report you?"
    thats way to coherant for a BR
    more like "GIB MONY OR I REPORT YUE"

    ReplyDelete